The House Energy Raters Association
NatHERS Assessor Accrediting Organisation (AAO)
NatHERS Assessor Accrediting Organisation (AAO)
Who is HERA
The House Energy Raters Association (HERA) is a not-for-profit Incorporated Association representing the interests of genuine professional members and accredited House Energy Assessors in providing ALL the services necessary to obtain and maintain NatHERS accreditation as a House Energy Rater otherwise known as Thermal Performance assessors for the lowest available price.
HERA offers 4 individual membership, whether you are just starting out as a new House Energy Assessor and require accreditation or an existing accredited assessor wanting to take advantage of HERA membership either as a multi accredited assessor or simply wish to change your AAO.
HERA has a Membership to suit.
In addition to HERAs standard membership we offer “Classic, Essentials and Premium packs ” providing all the additional benefits that are required to fully maintain NatHERS accreditation.
The House Energy Raters Association (HERA) Members are committed to promoting the highest standards of customer service, workmanship and business conduct, and full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, codes and standards relating to the Nationwide House Energy Rating Scheme (NatHERS).
HERA members are bound by a code of ethical practice ensuring the highest professional standards are always met .
All our members are professional NatHERS accredited House Energy Raters. Each member undertakes Continued Professional Development on a yearly basis and all members are covered by Professional Indemnity insurance.
HERA members experience as House Energy Raters includes but is not limited to;
• thermal resistance and capacitance of building materials
• window glazing values
• occupancy patterns (including internal heat loads, typical occupancy times and occupancy behaviour)
• window coverings (which are standardised for all ratings, noting they are likely to change in the life of the building)
• different types of zones in the house and whether they are conditioned/unconditioned
• thermostat settings (temperatures at which artificial heating/cooling is no longer required to achieve thermal comfort, noting this varies depending on climate zone)
• local climate and weather (including temperature, humidity, wind and sun)
• shadowing/overshadowing by adjacent buildings and features
• size of the building being assessed (noting smaller buildings generally have a larger wall surface area than bigger buildings)
HERA Professional Indemnity Insurance
Peace of mind knowing you have the right insurance cover.
Professional Indemnity Insurance protects you legally and financially against a mistake, omission or grievance a client may have with you regarding a service you provided. Think of it as a safety net that provides extra-legal cover that your Public and Products Liability Insurance doesn’t generally include.
HERA professional indemnity insurance provides cost effective cover specifically for NatHERS assessors.
Pay by the month options
At HERA, we’ve never been fans of getting lumped with an annual bill at the same time every year. HERA now makes it easier for House Energy Raters to stay on top of their budgets.
Assessors can say good-bye to the days of having to pay an annual bill for their Membership, Accreditation, CPD and Insurance all in one go. Instead, they can take advantage of our flexible payment options based on their needs.
By paying via monthly direct debit, Energy Raters enjoy the convenience of automated payments so they don’t have to remember to pay on time.
HERA CPD Program
House Energy raters must complete Continuing Professional Development courses each year as a mandatory requirement to maintain their accreditation.
The HERA CPD courses help assessors keep abreast of technical and current issues at affordable prices. There’s no need to look anywhere else.
HERA offers a specific CPD program designed for each of the software tools focusing on continuous improvement and helping energy assessors stay up to date and continually build skills, knowledge and expertise in the energy efficiency sector.
Our aim is to help our members be leaders in Home Energy assessment.
By choosing the HERA CPD with their membership we GUARANTEE members will meet their requirements each year. HERA also keeps track of the points earned throughout the year ensuring that there is no last-minute rush to find suitable courses.
It’s part of our commitment to our members to provide the best service at the lowest available price.
HERA policies and practices are aimed at providing effective, efficient services to its Members, and safeguarding and perpetuating the high standards of the industry.
To maintain this, HERA undertakes QA processes for Assessments produced by their Assessors to ensure, as far as possible, that:
• Assessments are accurate, consistent and repeatable;
• Assessors are correctly applying the relevant building regulations, including any state or territory-specific requirements;
• Assessors are complying with HERA’s Code of Practice;
• Assessors are conducting Assessments in line with the relevant version of the NatHERS Technical Notes and using NatHERS Software accredited at the time of the Assessment; and
• appropriate and timely Remedial Action is taken to improve the performance of Assessors whose Assessments are found to contain errors.
HERA Customer referral service
If you’re looking for a professional House Energy Rater, or you need a BASIX certificate, HERA is here to help. Tell us what you need, we’ll create a tailored shortlist of Members with the appropriate skills & experience for your project.
All you need to do is complete the referral form at www.hera.asn.au We’ll take your requirements and search through our database to find you the right match. When we’re done, we’ll email you a shortlist of four House Energy Raters within five working days.
How to Join
Becoming a HERA member is easy, simply go to www.hera.asn.au & open the Membership Tab, here you will find information about each of our membership levels, a break down of our fees & an online application form.
We’d love to hear from you, so if you have any questions please contact us on
MOBILE: 0447 099 392