Who is HERA
The House Energy Raters Association (HERA) is a not-for-profit Incorporated Association representing the interests of genuine professional members and accredited House Energy Assessors in providing ALL the services necessary to obtain and maintain NatHERS accreditation as a House Energy Rater otherwise known as Thermal Performance assessors for the lowest available price.
HERA offers 4 individual membership, whether you are just starting out as a new House Energy Assessor and require accreditation or an existing accredited assessor wanting to take advantage of HERA membership either as a multi accredited assessor or simply wish to change your AAO.
HERA has a Membership to suit.
In addition to HERAs standard membership we offer “Classic, Essentials and Premium packs ” providing all the additional benefits that are required to fully maintain NatHERS accreditation.
The House Energy Raters Association (HERA) Members are committed to promoting the highest standards of customer service, workmanship and business conduct, and full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, codes and standards relating to the Nationwide House Energy Rating Scheme (NatHERS).
HERA members are bound by a code of ethical practice ensuring the highest professional standards are always met .
All our members are professional NatHERS accredited House Energy Raters. Each member undertakes Continued Professional Development on a yearly basis and all members are covered by Professional Indemnity insurance.
HERA members experience as House Energy Raters includes but is not limited to;
• thermal resistance and capacitance of building materials
• window glazing values
• occupancy patterns (including internal heat loads, typical occupancy times and occupancy behaviour)
• window coverings (which are standardised for all ratings, noting they are likely to change in the life of the building)
• different types of zones in the house and whether they are conditioned/unconditioned
• thermostat settings (temperatures at which artificial heating/cooling is no longer required to achieve thermal comfort, noting this varies depending on climate zone)
• local climate and weather (including temperature, humidity, wind and sun)
• shadowing/overshadowing by adjacent buildings and features
• size of the building being assessed (noting smaller buildings generally have a larger wall surface area than bigger buildings)
HERA Professional Indemnity Insurance
Peace of mind knowing you have the right insurance cover.
Professional Indemnity Insurance protects you legally and financially against a mistake, omission or grievance a client may have with you regarding a service you provided. Think of it as a safety net that provides extra-legal cover that your Public and Products Liability Insurance doesn’t generally include.
HERA professional indemnity insurance provides cost effective cover specifically for NatHERS assessors.
Pay by the month options
At HERA, we’ve never been fans of getting lumped with an annual bill at the same time every year. HERA now makes it easier for House Energy Raters to stay on top of their budgets.
Assessors can say good-bye to the days of having to pay an annual bill for their Membership, Accreditation, CPD and Insurance all in one go. Instead, they can take advantage of our flexible payment options based on their needs.
By paying via monthly direct debit, Energy Raters enjoy the convenience of automated payments so they don’t have to remember to pay on time.