How do I become a Home Energy Efficiency assessor?
To become and maintain accreditation as an accredited House Energy Rating Assessor you must;
- apply to become a member of an Assessor Accrediting Organisation (AAO).
- have successfully completed the Certificate IV in NatHERS assessment (CPP41212) or Certificate IV in Home Energy Efficiency and Sustainability (CPP41119)
- notify the AAO of any current or previous accreditation with another AAO
- nominate to the AAO the software tools you will use
- agree to be subject to a Quality Assurance (QA) review within their first 12 months of accreditation
- agree that you will comply with AAOs Assessor Code of Ethical Practice
- complete at least 12 CPD points in each year of accreditation, where one point equals at least one hour of time spent undertaking the CPD
- maintain professional indemnity insurance commensurate with the volume and scope of the work they undertake
- agree to conduct assessments in accordance with the latest NatHERS Technical Note, in compliance with your jurisdiction’s application of the NCC and using the NatHERS Universal Certificate
- agree that you will conduct your Assessments in a way which ensures the health and safety of yourself, and others, so far as reasonably practicable and which complies with all relevant workplace health and safety laws in the Jurisdictions in which you operate